Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nars Sheer Glow Review




PROS
Wide variety of shades
Actually improves the skin texture and appearance
Good coverage for sheer foundation
A little goes a long way
Does not shift or fade throughout the day
It does not feel like you are wearing makeup

CONS
Pricey
No pump
The top does not tighten securely enough for me (update you must pull the top off to tighten)

I absolutely love Nars Sheer Glow in Syracuse. This is described as a medium dark shade with brown undertones. For the record if you have golden undertones like myself you can use Syracuse. I am around a Mac NC 40-42 and I wear Revlon Colorstay in Toast. I also have dry skin with several discolorations. For the most part my skin is clear.
Nars Syracuse is an illuminating foundation without the shimmer. It claims to enhance your natural skin. Nars Syracuse also claims to make skin more even and improve discoloration with frequent use. I used this several days in a row and I had a breakout. I did switch cleansers at this time. I also used a stippling brush at sephora to sample this so I am unsure what made me break out.
Even though this is a light to medium coverage foundation I find when applied with a stipping brush (I use Mac 187 and sometimes Coastal Scentes newest stippler) this covers my skin better than my revlon colorstay. Colorstay is the higest coverage foundation I used to own. I do apply about two layers of this, typically more than you would see someone on youtube apply. I probably apply slightly less than a quarter size amount only because I desire higher coverage. I am so pleased with the results after stippling the foundation on because it covers my dark circles. I have even received comments on how smooth and flawless my skin looks! I haven't received these compliments in a long time.
Sheer glow is pricey at $42 but I heard it last 2 yrs. I plan on using mine up before that. I do wish it came with a pump. Honestly I wish I had bought this before I spent so much money on other foundations. Sample this at sephora and apply with their stippling brush to determine if this product is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment