Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I am a foundation addict

Nars Sheer glow is my Holy Grail, love of my life foundation. Finding the perfect foundation is like finding Prince Charming in a haystack. Here is a list of the foundations that I have tried in the past year

CoverFx Natural FX in B something, B anything is not my shade. It was too dark but this tinted moisturizer had better coverage than most fd and it is amazing...update my shade is m70

Revlon Colorstay in Rich Ginger This is like the equivalent of Mac NC 45, what was I thinking? This has a red undertone and I have gold undertones. However the Rich Ginger in Revlon HD foundation is not the same shade and is ok for NC42

Maybelline Age Rewind in Medium Ok I knew this was the wrong shade in CVS but I am addicted to buying fd especially compact foundations. I told myself it would work and I just mix it with something darker to make it work. I don't even use it so...

Dermablend in Caramel Beige I tried to color match myself online since I really wanted a full coverage fd and beautyencounter.com had this for half the price. This is WAY TOO LIGHT for me. I use it as concealer and it doesn't conceal anything, even with layers of Colorstay on top.

Cover Girl Simply Ageless Soft Honey I lovve this stuff, definitely in my Top Five. Probably number three. I love how it looks all swirly and cute. It applies like a dream (I use a flat top or stippler). Provides great coverage and I feel as if I am helping my skin

Maybelline Superstay Honey Beige Second fave. Love love love. I feel as if its a sheer glow dupe b/c of the texture. What can I say?? It photographs great, it lasts, the coverage is amazing

Elf Pressed Powder caramel This is from the studio line. It is a pressed powder foundation and I LOVE IT.It does not make me look cakey which is a vice of mine when it comes to powder fd. This full coverage PF is only $3!!!cheaper with a coupon!

1 comment:

  1. I love Nars Sheer Glow (gosh, Nars anything, really!) too!
    I think we tried this one out at the same time, last year, right?
    I returned mine bc I realized that I didn't have the time for liquid foundation anymore, so now I only wear "on-the-go" friendly Studio Tech by MAC.
    Have you tried Make Up Forever HD? It's awesome, it smooths on even better than Nars, in my opinion, but the sample I got was too dark, so I still need to hunt down my correct match.
    PS- you tried SOO many fds, you have patience!

    ReplyDelete